Julie and Greg

"Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength: they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary."
Isaiah 40:31

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

About the wedding...

Betsy Johnson is now Betsy Arneson! She and Cameron were married Sunday, August 24 at Normandy Park in Seattle. It was a lovely sunny morning...a perfect day for an outdoor wedding. But suddenly, right before the service was to begin, you guessed it, it started raining! So the beautifully decorated archway was moved from the pretty landscaped area, to a big covered deck. By the time the wedding actually took place, both Sebastian and Julian were sound asleep on Greg and my laps. They were very well-behaved at their parent's wedding. Jake played the guitar and Emily was the matron of honor. Hannah was a junior bridesmaid and Adam was the ring-bearer. The decorations were beautiful. We had enough food for the whole Normanday neighborhood. Many many thanks to Kathy for all her help with many things and to Carolyn and Maddie for taking over the kitchen with help from Liz. Mom was the photographer and she did an awesome job. Thanks, everyone for your prayers for us this weekend.

It was so great to have a break from chemo. I almost forgot I had cancer because I felt so good and had so much energy for the wedding weekend. But I started my second cycle of chemo this morning. Back to reality.

Today is Greg's birthday so we ate take-out from Olive Garden with the Russells. Janice and Mary and Janice's friend are here for the night. They will take Mary to George Fox University tomorrow. My little niece, Mary, is in college!

We are so grateful for your prayers and it is so fun to hear from so many of you that I haven't seen in such a long time! Love, Julie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Sunshine,
What a great experience this last weekend at Betsy and Cameron's wedding. I pray for them as they travel their way on the honeymoon. These are nice pictures you took. I pray the Chemo treatment on Tuesday went well and you are feeling OK. Love you much, Dad.

Anonymous said...

Julie & Greg,
Sounds like a lovely wedding and
a wonderful time with your family.
The pictures say a thousand words!!!
Hope you are having a restful weekend!
Love, Lauri

Anonymous said...

I feel sad that we couldn't make it up there for the wedding. The first days of school are just too hard for this old bird. I sure am enjoying my kids this year; it is fun teach in known environment. This is week three already for me and Ellen, and we are beginning to hit our stride. Hope to see you all soon. I hope all is well with you.

You will hear from us very soon.

Love Jerry