Julie and Greg

"Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength: they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary."
Isaiah 40:31

Monday, August 18, 2008

Teaching Plans

Today Greg helped me pack up my Fernan music room and now I have all the stuff I've collected over the years; books, costumes, decorations, stage lights, CDs and videos, instruments, and tons of other stuff in our basement. I taught at Fernan eight years and I feel so connected to the staff and the families. But I will be the music teacher at Hayden Meadows this coming year and I'm excited to get connected to another great staff and to be a part of the lives of hundreds of new children and their families. It will be an interesting year for me and for my new school because I don't plan to officially start teaching until January. I am thrilled that Jake has decided to move back to CDA until after Christmas so he will be able to me my sub most of the time. How cool is that? I know the kids will love Jake and I will help him plan all the lessons.

I'm a little sad to miss out on the first months of the school year, especially since I'm changing to a new school. But Greg and I decided that my first priority should be to get well! Teaching elementary music takes a lot of energy and is challenging even when you're 100% healthy! I hope to spend some time every week at the school and to be involved as much as possible.

Thank you for your love, prayers, and your comments! Hi David Camp! So great to hear from you!
Love, Julie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie,
That sounds like such an awesome thing....... to have Jake as your sub. How cool is that, for both of you. He will be getting such valuable experience, basically interning with you. And what a lovely opportunity for you both professionally AND personally. I just think that is great! I wish I was in your class!! I just know the energy will be awesome. Those lucky Hayden Meadows kids!! You'll be teaching in my neck of the woods.
Glad to hear that breathing is easier and that you are enjoying some summer outtings and good food!!
I hope that you thoroughly enjoy Betsy's upcoming wedding festivites.
You are ever in our thoughts and prayers Julie.
Dorene and Patrick

Anonymous said...

Hi, Julie! (although I always think of you as Julia, from the old days...) Your mom sent me this blog spot, and I just wanted you to know that the Lingels have you in their thoughts and prayers. I would love to talk "teaching" with you some time. I felt like I joined the Camp family when I started teaching at the ripe old age of 49 (middle school humanities)! It sounds like you have a wonderful support system, but I can't imagine how hard it must be to keep such an upbeat attitude. If you're ever heading to Seattle, stop along the way at the North Fork Ranch in Ellensburg -- I'll have the cofee on. Cindy Lingel