Julie and Greg

"Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength: they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary."
Isaiah 40:31

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom!

It's my Mom's birthday today and I wish I could give her a big hug and tell her thanks for being such an amazing mother. She is the best.

Since getting home from Seattle, it seems like every day there's improvement in my breathing. Hurray! I was hoping it wouldn't be so gradual, but I'm so thankful for the improvement.

This afternoon Jake and his girlfriend, Hilary (she's visiting from New York), the Russells, Greg and Nick's Mom all went to see "Where the Wild Things Are". I was considering going. I know I wouldn't disturb the audience with coughing very often and I feel pretty good. But there are so many people around here who are sick with the flu. I decided being in a crowded theater wasn't the best place for me this afternoon. So I'm sitting in my favorite place on my favorite couch with the Food Channel on. A perfect Saturday afternoon.

My friend, Teri, came to see me this morning and we had such a great visit. She caught me up on what's going on at Fernan. Visits like that really help me feel connected and it means so much to me because I know how busy she is!

Thank you for your prayers. I am so thankful for you. Love, Julie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a cozy day! I think you're wise to avoid the crowds -- everybody around here has the flu, too, and it's a bad one (not sure if it's swinish, but it's bad). Glad your breathing is getting better!
Love, Cindy L.

Anonymous said...

Hello Julie! I agree that we have an awesome Mom!! I called her and sang the B-day song to her! :) It is beautiful in Billings now but NO fall colors:( I am planning to come in afew weeks and can hardly wait! I am so glad you are able to breathe better. I will call you tomorrow! Promise!! I love you tons! Janice

Anonymous said...

Hi, you don't know me but that's okay because God will still hear my prayer.

Dear God, Mighty One. Here is one of Your children, in need of Your healing touch. Send Your Holy Spirit, wrap Your arms around her, draw her close to You, whisper in her ear tell her You love her. Lord, I ask, You touch and heal this child and as You do let the love of Your Son Jesus shine through her for everyone to see and know, for You alone are God...we love You and thank You for. Yes, and Amen.