Julie and Greg

"Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength: they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary."
Isaiah 40:31

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Onward...

We met with Dr. Tezcan this morning and he was pleased that my lung sounded better as a result of my fun time in Seattle. He told us it was our decision about where to go from here and that he does have a plan for treatment. There is only a small chance that it will be helpful, but a chance is a chance! It is also a choice not to seek further treatment. I'm not ready to choose not to have treatment. So I'm already on the schedule for Nov 5! I'll be enjoying the taste of coffee and food for two more weeks then it will be onward with fighting with some kind of chemo again.

Dr. T. also told us that if the creepy tumor in my lung grows into my airway again, Dr. Wood (he did the surgery in Seattle) can do another bronchoscopy and put in a stent. He didn't do it last time because he didn't think it was needed. I'm not excited about that possibility, but I'm breathing really well right now. If I get to the point where I can't breathe again, I'll be more excited to visit Dr. Wood again.

Greg and I had a really fun day yesterday. It started with watching the last part of Jane Eyre. Isn't Greg the best husband ever? After that, we went for a walk around the neighborhood. I was riding my cool red scooter and going so fast Greg could barely keep up! We went to a late lunch at The Olive Garden and then went for a drive enjoying the beautiful fall weather and colors and views of the lake. We feel so lucky to live in such a beautiful place. It's nice that Greg has Mondays off to hang out with me.

I'm thankful that God has a plan for my life and that He knows what's ahead so I don't have to worry about it. I believe God gives me faith, through your prayers, to stay focused on one day at a time. Thank you for continuing to love and care about us. Love, Julie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admire your faith and bravery -- and you're right: a chance is a chance! Hope you get to have many 2-cup-of-coffee days while you gear up for the next round of treatments. My prayers will be for your strength and wisdom for the doctors!
Cindy L.

Anonymous said...

Julie: We pray for you every Monday.We know God has you in His care.You are such an example of trusting. Thank you! Theo S.