Julie and Greg

"Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength: they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary."
Isaiah 40:31

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Please pray for Julie's strength. She is experiencing pain for the first time. The pain may be coming from her liver, but we won't know until we meet with the doctor. In the meantime, she has to take pain medication, which wipes her out and it makes it difficult to visit with others (which is her favorite thing to do).



Julie has received so many encouraging cards, letters, text messages & e-mails over this past year. Many of those messages that have included passages of scripture have touched her deeply. Those verses have been "sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."



Please consider sending Julie a note of encouragement and/or a verse from scripture this week, because it is the best kind of medicine she could receive.



I want to thank you on Julie's behalf! Greg

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry it's hard for you to visit when the pain meds make you groggy! I found this verse from the Psalms that I thought you might like:
"Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up." Psalm 71:20

So, I hope the doctors, with God's help, can bring down the pain and "restore your life" so you can visit, run around on your scooter, and shop! You are in my prayers-
Cindy L.

Joy said...

Joshua 1:9 (NIV)
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

I love you Aunt Julie! I am glad that my mom gets to be with you next weekend! :-) Love, Abbie

Anonymous said...

Julie & Greg,
These scriptures came to mind after
I read your blog.(I think they are the first verses we learned in Sunday School.)

"Casting all your care upon him, for he cares for you!" I Peter 5:7

"The Lord is my shepherd, there is nothing I shall want, He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside still waters, He restores my soul." Psalm 23

I will be thinking & praying for you. Love, Lauri

peggy proctor ortman said...

hi Julie, I love Zephaniah 3:17
Cheer up, don't be afraid, for the Lord your God has arrived to live among you, He is a mighty Savior, He will give you victory, He will rejoice over you in grea gladness, He will love you and not accuse you. Is that a joyous chior I hear? No, it is the Lord himself
exaulting over you in a happy song.