Julie and Greg

"Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength: they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary."
Isaiah 40:31

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Back to Seatttle

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

I had a CAT scan yesterday and it showed that my left lung is collapsed again. No wonder breathing has been so hard and even simple things are so exhausting. We're heading back to Seattle tomorrow morning to meet with Dr. Wood and he'll probably put a stent in this time.

I was so bummed about the timing of going to Seattle because Janice is coming to tomorrow--the same day as I need to be in Seattle. She's traveling with a family that is heading for Oregon for the weekend and they'll drop her off here and then pick her up when they are on their way back to Billings. We talked to her last night and she's willing to come and just stay at our house till we return from Seattle. But this morning Greg got a crazy idea--we're going to try to fly her from Spokane to Seattle so she can spend the time with us and then drive back with us. I hope it works out but even if it doesn't, it will really be great to look forward to seeing her at my house when we return.

Even though I'm battling feeling discouraged right now, so many great things have been happening. My friend Lana's church gave me a prayer shawl and many people had prayed for me. It is a reminder to me that people are praying and I'm taking the shawl to Seattle. My friend, Julie Powell, came to my house Sunday night and she prepared a spaghetti squash from her garden and we ate it together! It was delicious. Yesterday my friend Sherma came and brought Panda Express for us to eat and we had a really nice visit. On the weekend,my friend Debbie made us some wonderful chicken noodle soup and Lana brought some tasty meatloaf. So the Johnsons are not starving. It's so sweet of people to bring food to us!

I'm also so blessed to have Jake living close enough so that he can come often to visit. He is good at going to the grocery store and he's always so willing to run errands. He's a keeper.

We're working out a very exciting plan with Emily that would allow her the chance to be our sort of "home care provider". Details are being worked out with her current job but everyone is very supportive. I'm so excited about this plan!

We're hoping to connect with Betsy when we're in Seattle. Last time didn't work out. I'm so excited to see her.

I have so many things to be thankful for and it really helps to think about them when I start to feel discouraged. God has blessed me with a wonderful family and so many amazing friends. Words can't express how much I appreciate your love and concern for me and my family. Your prayers are the greatest gift of all. Love, Julie

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Can't wait to see you (and your cool new prayer shawl)!
Thank goodness you get to see Janice (if only for a brief time), she's good medicine!!
I love you very much!!

Betsy said...

Woops! Looks like Janice is the one who needs some good medicine. So sorry you won't be seeing her, and that she's so sick. Bummer! Hope to see you guys again today, I love you!!

Teri said...

Julie, I was restless in Seattle this morning! I am back from Chicago and I am so glad I went to be with my Aunt. I hope you are doing well and everything is going according to plan so you can breathe a breath of fresh air! I will see you soon.
love
Teri

Anonymous said...

I'm angry-- Is that bad? I want you to be well. And it feels like a Darci. I know good music primarily because of you. I have continued toward so many things because of my older sister. You should know that. I will go "A hundred thousand miles" because of your inspiration, I may not have the "faith," but your ability to see beyond, your ability to "see," has not been lost on me.

I do love you,

Gerry