Julie and Greg

"Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength: they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary."
Isaiah 40:31

Sunday, November 15, 2009

We've been enjoying visits from family & friends. Not only are Julie's folks still here, but Julie's brother Darrel (& Kathy), her cousin Cheryl (& Dan) came up from Oregon and our son Jake came over from EWU. Julie had them to sing songs from back in the day and it was wonderful. We also got to hear an acappella song on the computer that Jake wrote. And one of our kids friends, Brad, played the piano and sang a few more songs. So, it's been sort of a little music festival type of day.

Julie's mom, Gloria, and our daughter, Emily, have been sorting through hundreds of family photos to select the ones that will be used for Julie's memorial service. Teri, one of Julie's teacher friends, helped write the first draft of her obituary (at Julie's request). These have been sort of bitter-sweet tasks, but we're walking it through together.

We have had a variety of friends drop by, call, e-mail, blog & text us. We are so blessed to be loved by so many. Our daughter, Betsy (& her boys) are coming tomorrow to spend a few days and I can't wait to squeeze those little guys and get a massage from Betsy.

We have several other family members coming to visit in the next while. So, not only have we had to borrow more beds, but our next door neighbor, Susan, has offered to put people up in her home - how cool is that? Julie's brother, Tim (& family), her sisters, Liz, Carolyn & Janice, my brother Randy (& Patty) are coming next weekend. Her brother, Jerry, will come next week to record our kids singing songs they use to sing as kids. It's a good thing we love all these guys or this could be a nightmare.

Again, thank you for your love & prayers! Greg

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Dan's beard! Good to see Darrel,Kathy and Rebecca. Cheryl just doesn't seem to age! Off to work right now, but I'll be there soon. My hope, Julie, is that you will feel well enough to play a little something. It would be so great to have it down on a track. If not I, or someone, will cover, so no worries! Post the songs you would like, I think we would all like to share in those memories!

Love Jerry

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie, to think that you were raised in Portland and I in Eugene, and God brought us together here in N Idaho!! Uniting us as moms, to embrace Nick and Emily and as co-grandmas, to love, nurture and spoil our three grandchildren. What a privilege it has been to share that awesome responsibility and joy with you. You have been a wonderful inspiration to them and to me. I an so blessed and thankful to have you as a friend!
You are Grandma Julie and I am Grandma Kathy and we each have our own special identity with Hannah, Adam and Matthew. It is my personal goal and prayer to keep "Grandma Julie" ever present in the minds of those precious grandchildren.
I am so thankful for Emily, who not only is a wonderful wife to Nick, but also an awesome Mom, who puts her family first. She is a reflection of you. Thanks.
My prayers continue for all of you.
Love, Kathy

Anonymous said...

Dear Julie-
You are such an inspiration and a blessing to so many people. I hope you know that -- in a way it's probably an extension of your teaching; showing us a way to face illness and even death with grace and faith. I hope I get to see you again on this side, but, if not, even the longest life is just the blink of an eye in heaven -- so no matter what, I'll see you soon!
Some great memories:
Climbing trees in the backyard at your Canby house
Playing cards at my aunt's Lincoln City beach house, and baseball on the beach with your dad pitching
Going swimming at the Compton's house
Camp Tappawingo
Junior Choir with Irva directing
Lots of good food that our moms cooked
The trip to Montana in 1964 (remember when Jerry got left at the service station?)
A life full of music, service, work, children, food, and lots of love. I hope your next days are peaceful, comfortable, and filled with the people you love.
Thank you for being such a wonderful part of my childhood and youth. I will never forget you.
Love, Cindy L.

Anonymous said...

Just want you to know that we love you all and continue to pray for you daily. The Lord certainly is in control and does have a fantastic place waiting for you, Julie! We should all be jealous that you get to go to such a beautiful place! Although it will be difficult not having your beautiful, happy, smiling, joyful face, at least there is a peace knowing we will see you again someday. We love you all and it is absolutely amazing to see your continued faith throughout the entire journey.

Love you, Sarah Sargent (and Josh)

Anonymous said...

Left in Montana at a service station! I thought those scenes from "Raising Arizona" were familiar. I'm getting excited to see you and the family.

Love Jerry

Anonymous said...

Julie,
Yes,so many rich memories from growing up with you and "The Camp's". We were alttle ahead of our time as we played "witches"
long before Harry Porter!!!!
Julie, you are in our thoughts and prayers. LOVE YOU, Lauri

Sontaya said...

Dear Julie

I'm always thinking of you and you are always in my pray. Julie, I wanna say many encouraging words to you, but I think you alrealdy had the best people around you. Their love can fill you up and gave you a strength. For me, I totally, wish you feel better Julie. God loves you, I love you and people around love you.

Sontaya