Julie and Greg

"Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength: they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary."
Isaiah 40:31

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Betsy & her boys are here to liven up the place. The boys have been playing with our outdated toys (sometimes wanting what the other guy has), hanging out with their cousins, and watching the movie "UP" over and over again. Emily & Betsy have been working together this morning to organize our pantry and storage goods in the kitchen (if that doesn't say "love" I don't know what does).

Jake came over this afternoon to have Betsy teach him a couple of pointers on the violin, because he's taking a "Strings" class at EWU. He'll be leaving to visit Hillary in NY for a few days. He got a killer deal for less than 200 bucks.

The nurse & social worker from Hospice gave Julie a uber pill box that has a slot for morning, afternoon, evening & bedtime for each day and they not only filled it up for us but they'll do it each week. It's way better than the hodge-podge method I was using.

Julie's been resting, eating a little, and has been a gracious host to all of her visitors. She is so touched when I read her her blog messages and cards from family & friends. Its great having Julie front & center in the living room so she can be part of all the action. She makes me feel macho by letting me carry her to and from the bathroom upstairs. We have so many little routines. Whenever I leave or come home we kiss three times on the lips and I give her a peck on the cheek & neck for extra credit. I lay out and hand full of clothes in the morning for her to choose from and I help her shower & get dressed for the day. She appreciates everything I do, even the little stuff. She's the best thanker I know.

Thank you for your love & prayers! Greg

9 comments:

Teri said...

Did you know three is like a magic number? I learned in math today that you can tell if a number is divisible by 3 with no remainder by adding up the numbers and then, checking the sum to see if it is divisible by three. For example 2567 divided by three. Will tree go into it equally? Let's see! 2+5+6+7=20 So why no! 3 will not divide into that number an equal amount of times. Who cares? A 5th grade teaching who is trying to embrace math.
Three kisses to you both squared.
Tero

Anonymous said...

Julie you are the BEST thanker I know! Greg is so right about that and it is so easy to do things for you because you are always so grateful.I am going to pack tomorrow and will be seeing you on Friday afternoon.My plane should arrive about 3.You and Greg are on my heart and constantly in my prayers.I love you so much.I pray that you can sense God's loving arms around you and His peace and comfort.There are many people praying for you from our church and they ask how you are doing all the time.What a support they have been. I'll see you soon my dear sweet sister.Love,Janice

Unknown said...

It's one of my favorite songs:

Three is a magic number
Ya it is, it's a magic number
Somewhere in that ancient mystic trinity
You'll get three
As a magic number
The past, the present, the future,
Faith, and hope, and charity,
The heart, the brain, the body,
Will give you three,
It's a magic number

It takes three legs to make a tripod or to make a table stand,
And it takes three wheels to make a vehicle called a tricycle
And every triangle has three corners,
Every triangle has three sides,
No more, no less,
You don't have to guess
That it's three
Can't you see?
It's a magic number

A man and a woman had a little baby
Yeah they did
And there were three in the family
And that's a magic number

Love and blessings to you and your "3"! We are thinking of you constantly and inspired by the faith and hope of your family.

Love, Kristi & Aaron Rietze and our "3"-- Myah(6), Elli(3), Mitchell (16 mos).

Anonymous said...

Aren't the hospice people awesome? There is something so comforting about them as counselors -- not necessarily spiritual guides, but physical guides for the process that is to come. Maybe a little like the Lamaze people or midwives before you have your first baby -- it's just good to know what's coming. Sounds like a wonderful family reunion all around you! Babies, parents, siblings, and a thoughtful, caring spouse. I hope you keep trying to eat some of that good food that I know is there. You are in my prayers==
Cindy L.

Greg said...

Cindy L.: I am so thankful for you and your friendship to Julie. There is a proverb that says there is the power of life & death in words. Thank you for speaking "life words" into Julie's life. The Lord has given you the ability to express your love in a unique and special manner. Your words have been an encouragement and a blessing to her. Thank you very much! Greg

Anonymous said...

Dear Greg--
Julie isn't the only one who's a good thanker. Give her a kiss #4 from all of her friends and family who are praying for her!
Cindy L.

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you guys! Julie you are such a beautiful example of a strong christian woman and are impacting my life daily! i love you guys :) ~ your niece Mary

Dorene said...

God says upon welcoming Julie:

"Well done good and faithful servant"

Joy said...

Love you Julie. I wish I could be there to give you a hug in person.I am so thankful that I was able to see you guys a whole bunch this summer... almost every other week for awhile there. Thank you for your kindness and hospitality. We love you.