Julie and Greg

"Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength: they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary."
Isaiah 40:31

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Seattle #2

Things were better in many ways this time. We stayed in a really nice hotel downtown and Jake let us borrow his GPS again and he even got it all pre-set for us so we only got lost once!

I had a chest x-ray and met with the doctor and he told me that he thought it would really help me to have a stent. It was so weird seeing the x-ray because the left looked empty and my right lung is growing to try to compensate. I thought that was pretty amazing.

We were able to connect with Betsy this time. Even though I just love those little boys I thought it would be better for Betsy to come without Sebastian and Julian. They would get so bored in the hotel room. So Wednesday evening Greg and Betsy and I went out to a very nice dinner. Betsy spoiled us with massage and we had a really nice visit.

Thursday morning I had to be at the medical center at 8:00 to have a test on my heart. At 9:00 we went down to the surgery check-in and since I hadn't been prescheduled they told me I was on stand-by. They would get to me eventually but they would be working me in to the surgery schedule. So we prepared for a long day of killing time and I had two good magazines and a fun book. They gave us a pager so we could wander around the hospital. So off we went, me in my little scooter trying not to run into people, and Greg walking beside me. We had't gone ten minutes and the pager went off. So we hurried back and sure enough they wanted me!

This time Dr. Wood did some coring out plus he put in two stents. After the surgery I was in a recovery area and I had the nicest nurse in the world. She was so kind and attentive. Finally by 4:00 they felt I was ready to be discharged so we went back to the hotel and I got in bed till the next morning. A much more restful sleep than if I'd been in the hospital.

Friday we took it slow in the morning and left about 11:00 so we got back to Coeur d' Alene pretty early. Glad to be home.

I don't feel too bady, but I will have to cough up this yukky stuff. It's just so gross.

I'm hoping Janice will be able to come another time. It was so weird how I didn't want to go to Seattle partly because I didn't want to miss her visit. She decided to come even though we were in Seallte and just wait here at the house till we got back. But then she woke up Wednesday with a fever and couldn't come anyway. So strange how things work out sometimes.

Thank you for your love and prayers. Please know that I feel blessed to know so many people are sharing this journey with me. I never feel alone. Love, Julie

6 comments:

Betsy said...

It was such a blessing to be able to hang out with you guys!! Whenever I get to meet a doctor or nurse who's been helping you, it's like meeting a favorite charactor in a novel! How nice to have gone into surgery without waiting all day, and that you got to sleep in that hip, fancy hotel, instead of the hospital! Sorry you're coughing up that yucky stuff, but I'm glad it's coming out!! I love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Julie. i am praying for you.
love Luke

Emily said...

I love you Mom and pray that each day you are coughing less and less! See you Wednesday!

Anonymous said...

Julie & Greg,
I am thinking and praying for you and hope that you are having a very pleasant day today!
Love, Lauri

Anonymous said...

Hoping and continuing to pray that your breathing will be easier! Sounds like it will this time. Thinking about you a lot.
Cindy L.

Teri said...

Hey Julie, I am glad you are feeling well enough to blog. You are a great little blogger! I saw Jane Orto at church Sunday. I haven't seen her forever and she looks great and wrote a piece for the NW Sacred Christian Choral. They sang it at church to thank us for them using the sanctuary for concerts the last 8 years. They now perform at the Kroc center.
Don't worry about sounding gross as you cough up toxic waste. You should hear Bill's gas. Now that is gross!!
love you
Teri