Julie and Greg

"Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength: they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary."
Isaiah 40:31

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Good CAT Scan news!

The tumors are smaller! Hurray! Thank you Lord.

My doctor is gone this week so he has a substitute and I was a little worried about meeting with someone new today. But she was a great doctor and I really liked her. And she had good news for us! My tumors are smaller than they were before I started this round of chemo in June. So I will continue with this chemo starting tomorrow! I will meet with Dr. Tezcan next week and I'm hoping he'll be able to give me more details.

I am having a busy week and it's been so amazing to be able to breathe without wheezing and to be able to walk without running out of air. Tuesday my friend, Teri, came to pick me up and I met with several of my friends from Fernan for lunch at Azteca. It was Sherma's birthday. After lunch Sherma, Teri and I went to see the movie "Julie and Julia" and we laughed through the whole thing. I heard it hasn't gotten the greatest reviews, but it sure was a fun movie to watch with my friends. Meryl Streep was hilarious as Julia Child. After the movie Teri took me to the Cancer Center to pick up my heparin shots. Thank you, Teri!

Abbie, Paul, Zoë and Maddie came and we ate dinner at "Tomato Street". Emily and her kids came over and we player Scattergories and we laughed and laughed. Peach Trees and Pickles were some of my favorite answers. They took off for Billings Wednesday morning.

Emily is a good Mom and my grandchildren are wonderful kids...but Emily felt like she needed a vacation from them yesterday. So good old Uncle Jake took Hannah, Adam and Matthew to Triple Play and they played miniature golf and some video games together. The kids were great for Jake. While Jake entertained the children, Emily and I went shopping and then had a delicious coffee drink. Mmm.

Thank you for your continued prayers. We are so thankful that the chemo is working and...guess what, Janice? They only had to poke me one time for my I-V for the CAT scan yesterday! Another answer to prayer! Love, Julie

6 comments:

Betsy said...

YAY!! The tumors are smaller! God is so good, and I'm so anxious to know more details! It's great to know you had a really fun and busy week. I love you!!

Anonymous said...

Hurray, Julie! We are so happy to hear your news! Hope the good news keeps on coming! Love, Cindy L.

Anonymous said...

Oh Julie, that is the BEST news ever. God is faithful and God is good! Keep doing what you are doing and we will all keep praying. Love, Kathy B

Anonymous said...

Julie..What a thrill to hear GOOD news! I had specifically prayed that they would find your vein quickly...God cares about the smallest details of our lives. That is so exciting to me! I love you and can't wait to see you next week! Love, Janice

Unknown said...

So glad to hear that. Hope you are really enjoying the week. I suggest you get your chops together and let me record some piano when you get around to it. I am slowly getting the studio settled in. Sibelius 6 rocks! It will even notate melodies that you sing to it. We are winding down our summer taking care of "house" things, and getting ready for a great year at school. I must say though, that if retirement is like this summer, I won't mind a bit. It has not been all great, but then, whatever is? The Woodley White harp guitar will begin being built next month, I can't wait! I will be broke, but happy! (I can make that old 4runner last a few years more!) And it didn't qualify for "cash for clunkers" anyway.

Darci was poked eight times for her MRA scan. They didn't find a vein. No scan. So perhaps a port is in her future. You can give her advice!!

Gerry

Joy said...

Yeah Julie!! I am so excited! I noticed how good you looked when we stopped through! What an encouragement to the soul to hear good news. I love you and am praising God along with you!